Using berries in baking is a great way to get a burst of flavour and colour! Enjoy spring with these berry orange muffins!
- 85g melted and cooled butter
- 280g plain flour
- 115g soft light brown sugar
- 75g raspberries
- 75g blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Rind of 2 oranges
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6. Put your muffin cases. any pattern you like, in the muffin tray
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and the berries
- In a large jug, beat the eggs and then beat in the milk, butter and orange rind. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Fold gently, but don’t over mix!
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake for 20 minutes – until they are well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool
You could even use orange rind or juice to make a icing sugar glaze to drizzle over the muffins!