This time of year is definitely the best with all its festivities. Halloween is the perfect time to get creative with baking so here ‘s a easy yummy spooky treat!
- 150g dessicated coconut
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 (medium-sized) egg whites
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 110g dark chocolate
Lets get baking:
- Preheat oven to 160c/Gas Mark 2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add the egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Once mixed together spoon the mixture onto the baking tray in round equal shapes. Then place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes until they are a light golden brown colour.
- Once you have left them to cool, melt half the dark chocolate in a bowl over a shimmering saucepan of water or melt in a microwave.
- Dip the bottom of each macaroon into the melted chocolate and place face down to set; before it sets add a sprinkle of dessicated coconut.
- Once these have set, melt the rest of the dark chocolate and pour into a piping bag. Pipe on your spider web design.
- Allow to set and then enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this little halloween treat. You can add any design to your macaroons; why not make them into ghosts or pipe on halloween buzz words.