What’s better than sitting with your feet up while tucking into a muffin and a cup of tea? Yes, that’s right, sitting with your feet up, tucking into a banana peanut muffin and a cup of tea.
I’ve always loved baking but since having my blog I’ve wanted to bake more and more, and even better discover new combinations of flavours. Banana and Peanut Muffins. This was a baking experiment that I was quite sceptical about but it turns out, they are rather delicious!
- 75g soft butter, melted
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 115g caster sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 140g soft butter
- 280g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
10 mins to prep. 20 mins to bake. Makes 12
Lets get baking: Banana Muffins
- Preheat the oven at 190/gas mark 5.
- Melt the butter over a gentle heat.
- Mashed the bananas in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and mix together with baking powder, bicarbonate and pinch of salt. Next add the sugar and mix together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the beaten eggs, melted butter, milk and mashed bananas. Mix together.
- Lay your muffins cases out on your muffin tray and spoon in the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown and bounce back when touched, take them out of the oven and allow to cool
Lets get making: Peanut Buttercream
- While they cool, prep the peanut buttercream topping.
- Place the butter into a bowl and beat until smooth. add the icing sugar little at a time and mix together.
- Add to the mixture the milk and finally the peanut butter. Ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined
- When the muffins are cool, pipe on the peanut buttercream and decorate however you please!