Everyone deserves a little treat once in a while, right? Banana bread is so easy to bake however with every mouthful it never fails to make you say ‘mmm’. I have made banana bread before however decided this time to add blueberries! That deep purple flavour perfectly adds an extra burst.
- 75g Soft Butter
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 170g Soft Brown Sugar
- 210g of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- Four handfuls of Blueberries
Making and Baking:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas 4.
- Grease or line a bread tin.
- Peel and mash the bananas into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar and egg thoroughly into the bananas.
- Next add the baking powder, salt and sieve in the flour.
- Finally add the fresh blueberries to the mixture and pour it into the bread tin.
- Place into the oven and allow an hour for baking.
Now I’m going to put my feet up with a slice and a cup of tea. Give it a go!
Banana bread is a versatile sweet. You can swap the blueberries for many different bursts of flavour. Why not indulge in banana and chocolate chip bread (roughly 50g) or even try banana and walnut bread (few handfuls chopped).